Friday, February 27, 2015

Week 60 in Thailand 7 Dec 2014

This week was a bit crazy because we had a Zone Conference Christmas party…which actually included everyone in the Isan.  It was really fun.  The four of us found some pretty awesome Christmas sweaters at a market here in the area.  We were probably both the most festive and tacky Missionaries there, but it was fun!

It sort of had a dramatic ending when, as they were bringing the meeting to a close, President Senior announced that my group would be giving the end of your Mission testimonies.  I still feel like I just got here, so that kind of came as a surprise.  I don't remember what I said, just that I had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude for the experiences I have had and for the fact that I still have a few more months to teach people about my Savior. Grateful for all the challenges that have made me grow, and all the people that I've met and grown to love.

It was also Father’s Day in Thailand which was fun because in all of our inviting spots, there were live music festivals going on.  :-)  All the streets were decked out in Christmas lights.  It was really pretty!  So Happy Fathers Day, Dad and Grandpas.  Here's to another week of finding joy in the work!

Love Sister Marina A. Peterson




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment