Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Week 55 in Thailand, Nov 2, 2014


Email question, how is your hand?
Which hand was it?

It was the left hand.  It’s completely healed.  Got my stitches out on the 28th.  Doing yoga once again.   :-)

Remainder of the email:  Yeah got the call Tuesday night that I was training.  Scary…and now I’m in Mahasarahakam with the new Sister Smith.  I feel like my last companion helped prepare me for this.  God always has everything planned.  So I actually am not that nervous.  Last transfer was good and I feel like this one will be as well.  We've already had a baptism.  I'm in the boonies but this place is booming as far as the work goes.  Also were in a 4 sister house which I love.  So much fun!   Well I will write more about that in my blog.

Loves

 
BLOG

Well I survived another Transfer meeting with a new area and New Companion, Sister Smith!  She just came from the MTC and is so excited to be here, which is awesome!  I'm more than nervous to be training someone on a language I’m still learning myself but I fell like this transfer is going to be awesome!
 
So I’m back in the rural part of Thailand living the dream!  It’s weird to be out of the city.  I forgot how many bugs there were.  LOL  Our first four days here have been an adventure.  We went bike shopping on Friday for Sister Smith.  Met a lot of the members and got settled in our house. This area has four sisters and we all whitewashed.  That mean we replaced all the previous missionaries, which were Elders.  Friday was kind of a unpack and explore day. 
 
The branch here is smaller, about 70 people at church, but the members are all amazing and very rooted in the gospel. The previous missionaries did some awesome work and we were able to come in and teach/prepare one of the areas investigators on Saturday, which was such a miracle. 
 
Her name is Jong and she is a sweet old lady that lives a humble life out here.  She has a truly amazing understanding of prayer and we were so blessed to meet her and be there for her baptism.  Like every Khon, Thai over the age of 50, she wouldn't smile in any of her pictures, which is sad because she has a pretty smile.  But just know she's a sweet Khun Yai from the Isan.

Sunday was full of miracles as the Sisters had three baptisms!  The ward was so excited because they had put just as much love and care into teaching these people as the missionaries had.  Everyone of the people getting baptized bore there testimony, not only of the gospel, but of the genuine love of the members.  We finished the day with a funeral for one of the members mother.  It was sad in the way that all funerals are but sweet in the understanding we all have of the plan of salvation.  My first Thai funeral.

Well I love you all and I hope your week is wonderful!

Love Sister Marina A. Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment