Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Miracle Week 53, One year in Thailand Oct 19, 2014

This week can pretty much be summed in two stories :-)

Tuesday:  I officially have lived in Thailand for a Year and I celebrated it by getting a cyst taken out of my hand.  It was kind of just like getting a mole removed but from your bone???  Okay, that doesn't sound any better, LOL  but it’s healed up quite nicely and next week I get my stitches out and everything will go back to normal.  :-) 

Being at the doctors gave me time to reflect on my mission so far and what I want to accomplish personally for the next five months. I came to the conclusion that what I need to work on the most is charity and patience.  I feel like these two Christ-like attributes go hand in hand.  

Something I learned from Conference was:  We can all forget ourselves a little more often and spend our efforts helping and strengthening others. In doing this, I believe we can not only expound our capacity to love but develop a greater understanding for the love that Our Father in Heaven has for us.  That love is patient, longsuffering and unselfish.

Sunday:  Sunday was miracle day จริงๆ.  We got a new investigator from, Sri Lanka, with an amazing story.  He moved into the area recently and found himself in one of those questions of the soul moments.  He said and un-specified prayer in his heart asking if there was a deity, whom ever it may be.  He spent the rest of his night cleaning his new apartment and getting settled. Then, he crawled into bed.

He woke up the next morning and look out the window.  Near the window seal, there was a pass along card from our church about baptism.  He got really excited.  He said, he just new it was his answer.  The problem was he recognized the picture but the rest of the card was in Thai, which he can't read.  He decided he would call the number on the card when he got home that evening. 

When he got home, the card was gone.  He couldn't remember where he put it or something.  The only thing he remembered was the word Mormon.  A few weeks later he was finishing a job that he'd been working on, when the person he was working for brought up the Book of Mormon in a conversation of beliefs.  He instantly remembered the card!  :-)  That member brought him to church this week, answering not only his prayers but the pleadings of both my companion and I for a prepared person/walk-in at church.

Prayer is real. God is always listening.  No matter your question, great or small, he will answer.  As we follow his teachings and ask for miracles in our lives, we will see miracles.  For every righteous desire will be given in the timing of the Lord.

I love you all!  I hope you have a week full of miracles!  Ask for them and you will receive miracles in your life!

Sister Marina A. Peterson

Me celebrating my year in country mark with a pumpkin-frappe!

No comments:

Post a Comment