Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Week 52 in Thailand Oct 12th

Wow can't believe this transfer is almost half way over.  Time is starting to slip away from me.  LOL  Sister Woodbury and I had a good week though, which was only made better by getting to watch General Conference.  General conference is like Christmas in the mission field and we spent all week preparing for.  J 

I know the Savior has bigger and better plans for our lives than we do.  He makes them know to us through the mouths of his Prophets and Apostles, as well as through personal revelation.  As a missionary, I've come to understand a little more clearly, how God works in our lives.  I've learned this by watching how he works in the lives of those around me. Sometimes, even when they don't believe or know that he's there. 

Part of my testimony of this comes from recognizing the hand of the Lord in my own life.  The tender mercies he gives us daily through answers to our prayers and little things to let us know were on the right path.  Never forget that in God's eyes, you are special, you are important, and loved.  

This we were able to meet several new people learn about them and share what we know. I've seen how powerfully  knowing Heavenly Father and his gospel can help people deal with the challenges that are part of life.  We all have challenges.  Remember it’s not a one time deal.  When we make mistakes or just need help, there is no better source to turn to than our Heavenly Father.  All things can be made right through our use of the Atonement.

Things I’m most excited for this week are as follows: Rainy season is ending!  Okay, so that’s more like in two weeks but  hopefully I will not have any more moments where it starts dumping rain and I, unlike my companion, don't have an umbrella. 

LOL  I will have to say that it has been a fun experience being around storms like this since, I’m from Utah where rainstorms are more rare.  While we sometimes have flooding, it's nothing like here in Bangkok.  LOL  Anyways, I’m pumped and ready for cold season!!

Fun things we did this week:  We made a passion fruit-kiwi pie.  I love making pies and we wanted to try one using Thai fruit...still a work in progress as kiwis aren't from Thailand and are rather expensive here.  But passion fruit is!
 

Well I love you all and hope your weeks are productive and full of miracles!

Love Sister Marina A. Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment