Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 44 in Thailand. 18 Aug 2014

Well we spent last P-day at the Bangkok Art in Paradise where you can take 3D pictures.  It was really fun.  Not sure it was experiencing Thai culture...but it was cultural, none the less.   :-)

 
 
 

 
The second most cultural thing I did this week was make Tom Yum soup.  First time cooking Thai food without the help of a member!  Our Mission President has recently requested we start making meals at home twice a week so we can learn to make Thai food...and probably to help us lessen the constant intake of MSG we've all been experiencing from delicious street food.  :-)  It turned out good.  I think Sister Beam (the RC who taught me) would be proud.  LOL   It was my attempt at holding on to Thai culture while I’m serving in an English speaking Ward and teach every nationality except, Thai.  :-)
 
 
This week was really good.  We had a amazing lesson with one of our investigators Joyce.  She is from Burma and we've really been trying to answer all of her questions and help her understand more fully about the Savior.  She is so wonderful and inspiring.  She always makes us smile, because some times, she relates what were teaching to stories from the New Testament...but she's only reading them in Burmese and she doesn't always know how to explain it, so she acts them out for us.  She is so cute!  I love her!

With Joyce and some of the other people we teach, deciphering their questions is sometimes the hardest part.   LOL.   First, because were talking about deep things and it’s hard to phrase them.  Second, because English isn't their first language usually.  I feel like God is giving me the gift of discernment and is guiding us always! 

This week I went to three dinner appointment...which was so weird.  It was like being the missionary like I grew up picturing…but nothing like what I've been experiencing in Thailand so far.  Members made food for us often but it was mostly like a really casual sit on the floor, with everyone from the ward who was also invited.  I'm getting the best of both worlds!  But I love this ward and I love everyone that I've met. Can't wait to meet more people and be strengthened by their testimonies!

Well more stories later! Love you all.

Sister Marina A. Peterson
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment