Saturday, August 9, 2014

Week 38 in Thailand. 6 July 2014

Well I didn't have time to write last week.  Sorry family!  We had some teaching appointments but A LOT has happened, so here we go!

Well, last week for my final P-day with Sister Stevenson, we went to…drum roll...IKEA!  We ate Swedish food, took pictures, and celebrated Sister Stevenson birthday by buying a ton of Swedish treats!  It was like home away from home... in Sweden or Draper...LOL.




We ended p-day by having FHE at our RC's house. Her name is Sister Oh and it was also her birthday, and her one year anniversary of being baptized!   So it was definitely a day of celebrating!

Then came the day of transfers.  Sister Stevenson moved to Khon Khaen and I got a new companion:  Sister Barton.  She came to Bangkapi!  She is my first companion from Utah.  :-)  She is finishing her mission in 3 months, so she will probably die here.  We made a goal, right off the bat, to make this a good transfer; working hard, preparing people to meet God.  :-)  

With this goal in mind, we've had a week and a half of serious contacting, because we needed to refill our investigator pool.  I feel like this has been a week of learning patience...or rather how I lack it.  But I've learned that when we have faith, everything will work out. It's usually in the Lord’s timing, but It all works out.  So in patience trying moments, we need not feel frustrated, angry, or anxious; just trust that our Father in Heaven will take care of us and help us find success.

I'm happy to say that we've got some pretty great people we are teaching!  The Lord prepares people and as missionaries we have the opportunity to find and teach them!  So awesome!  I love Bangkapi sooo much so I'm glad I get to stay and continue to work with the ward members!

Speaking of which, this week we had the opportunity to send off one of our lovely members to the MTC Philippines.  Her name is Sister Eve and I'm soo excited to serve with her (she is serving in the TBM).  She loves the Lord, knows the gospel, and is really faithful. We are all really excited for her! 


The rainy season is pretty much in full force now and for the first time in my life, I have to carry an umbrella with me all the time.  LOL  It’s funny because you can always tell when it’s going to rain here because the temperature suddenly becomes blazing hot, then a few hours later it pours, cools down a bit, then the cycle repeats.  On the bright side, rainy season means it’s Rambutan, Mangosteen, and lychee season!!!!  Which are now three of my favorite fruits.... sadly we don't really get these in Utah...so I have to eat as much as possible now!  :-)

Well everyone, I hope you had a good fourth of July and remember how lucky we are for the freedom we have!  Have a great week and love every-moment of it!!!  (Mosiah 23: 21-22)

Sister Marina A. Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment