Thursday, August 7, 2014

Week 36 in Thailand. 22 June 2014

Letter To: Dad:

Things are going great.  We had four investigator at church yesterday which was a miracle because we moved church buildings and it’s like an hour away.  So we were worried, but we were blessed to meet prepared people!  

Politics... are okay.  I think they don't really affect me so I never really know what’s going on.  But we have a member in the army and he's free to go to church on Sunday's again so I think all is well. 

Today is Sister Stevenson’s birthday so were going to celebrate... to the extent that missionaries can.  LOL. Transfers are on Thursday and we will find out tonight or tomorrow who is moving.  You and mom are going to go through withdrawals if I get transferred because I don't know any other ward that documents the life of the missionaries as well.  LOL  How is Logan?

 
Blog:
 
It’s P-day!  I'm really tired because we had a wonderfully busy week.   :-)


Monday I got to meet up with Ploy (the exchange student I went to High School with and visited 2 years ago) which was really awesome!  Even though we technically live in the same city it took her an hour travel time and almost two hours for Sister Stevenson and I to meet up at a middle location.  But everything finally worked and I was really happy about it!

Tuesday was, interesting, because they've started construction on our Church already and it was our first time teaching English Class in construction conditions.  LOL  We only really have one room for everybody so we had to combine all three Classes and still try to make it a quality lesson for everyone.  Everything worked out well and we did the best we could.  I'm English leader in our district which has been fun, but mostly a really big growing experience. But such is the life of a Missionary.  ;-)

Wednesday we just hit the pavement and worked.  Taught, contacted, sweated, and sweated some more.  :-)  We were definitely rewarded for our efforts and obedience in that we met some really good potential investigators and had great lessons with our RC's!  (Side note: Facebook is a blessing to missionary work!!!!)

Thursday & Saturday- was chaos we were all over the place teaching and contacting that we ran out of time to plan or do anything really. It was so great!

Friday was just as busy and chaotic.  We had a dinner appointment with a couple of members  and one of the Elder’s investigators.  I'd never really met this member but she called us and said she missed us and wanted to eat dinner with us.  Sister Stevenson and I met up with two of the Elders and a couple other people by a lake of open sewer water and I had my first picnic in Thailand.  One of the Elders in from Laos and every time the wind kicked up and we got some sea-spray action, he would use one of the twelve English word he knows: NASTY!  #Ilovethailand

Like always, the Best Day of the week was Sunday.  We'd been praying and praying that we would find investigators all week and that they would want to go to church, an hour away, in the middle of rainy season!  Our Ward has officially moved to a neighboring Church building for the next few months while our church is under construction.  When we first knew this was going to happen, we were a little discouraged.  The more my คุ่ and I thought about it, we realized it wouldn’t be an issue for people truly prepared by God.  

Faith is Faith, no matter the circumstances.  I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers.  Not just occasionally but always.  We had four investigators at church on Sunday, which is more than we've had in the last few weeks.  I know that when we are obedient, God will bless us.  I know that this church is true and that everyone can receive this knowledge through the simple act of praying with faith.  I know that no matter what our problems are, if we humble ourselves and ask him for help he will always be there!

I love you all!  Have a great, awesome, week!

Sister Marina A. Peterson

 
Second Email:
 


 
Me and Sister Stevenson, with the bishop and his daughter, Princess...yes that is literally her name.  :-)   But she's not a brat, so it's cute.

 
My companion and I goofing off in our matching elephant scarves and our genie pants.  :-)


 

People that I love.  The little kid, his name is Earth and he's probably the funniest /chubbiest kid I know.  LOL  I just love him!!!!! 

 
Thanks Grandma for the pretty blouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment