Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week 39 in Thailand. 13 July 2014

Okay, month 11.  This is getting scary...as in, what happened to the 9 months since I left the MTC.  LOL
ไม่รู้เหมือนกัน (I don't know)

Well highlights of what happened this week:

Monday, our RC Sister, Sister Beam taught us how to make Som Tam and Tom Yum, perhaps my two favorite Thai dishes.  I can officially say I'm on my way to becoming a master Thai Chef.... ish Lol.


My investigator, Jake, got legally married to his wife so he could be baptized!  We taught his son, Bia, everything this week so he could be baptized with his dad.  It was a really awesome experience. They interviewed on Friday and Sunday they were baptized.  Jake was Golden!  He was so willing to keep the commandment.  He quit smoking, got married, and even started paying tithing before he got baptized because he wanted the blessings.  He's a really great example to me and for everyone, what it means to be obedient.  And Obedience is the predecessor to every blessing!  I've seen the blessings he and his family have received from following the commandments and so has he and that is the best part of being a missionary.


On Thursday we had a switch-off with the Sister Training Leaders.  I ended up staying in Bangkapi and worked with Sister Crockett, who is a super cute and hard working missionary!  I learned a lot about being bold in teaching and leaving your fears behind!  Faith is the antidote to any fear!  We taught a new investigator together whose name is Somchai.  He seems golden and full of questions, so we'll see where he goes but I'm really excited to teach him!

Side note:  we found out my companion had lice this week.... spent a few hours with sister beam picking out eggs and lice from her hair.  She's our mom away from home! #joysofservinginthailand  LOL  Don't worry mom, I'm still lice free!  For now…LOL.


Love you all,

Sister Marina A. Peterson
 
 

On a switch off with Sister Crockett, we went to Krispy Kreme for the first time! .... in Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment