Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 45 in Thailand. 24 August 2014


This week we started teaching the daughter of a less active member from the Philippines.  Her name is Angel and she is sooo cute.  She just moved here from the Philippines and really wants to be baptized! This has been the biggest miracle of the week!  Also, just the reminder I needed from Heavenly Father that he can do his own work, but loves me enough to let me be a part.
 
In my new area, we work with a lot of asylum seekers and refugees from various countries, trying to help them with there situation.  It can be emotionally draining and I have had quite a few moments of not really knowing how to help, what to do, or say.  And frankly there is no solution for a lot of the issues these people are facing, but I've peace and inner happiness in seeing those that are seeking spiritual help, as well as monetary, accept the gospel into their lives.  I've seen how it changes their countenance, attitude, and actions.  I know now more than ever my purpose in being a missionary as well as where true relief from burdens comes from; The Atonement of Jesus Christ.
 
I love you all and hope your have a week filled with gratitude and comfort that comes from using the Atonement of Christ in our daily lives.
 
Love, Sister Marina A. Peterson
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment