Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 31 in Thailand, 18 May 2014


My big news of the week is Facebook!  The Thailand Bangkok Mission is now using Facebook as a proselyting tool.  My companion and I created our account on Saturday...It was so weird (first time in 9 months) that I typed in facebook.com.  LOL  But it’s going to be very helpful in keeping in contact with our recent converts and members as we go about doing the Lords work.
 
One thing I've been studying and thinking about lately is the role of Charity in the Lord's work…in our lives and our progression.  We learn in the scriptures that with if we have no charity, all of our works will be for nothing.  Christ is the best example of charity we have, and I believe that this is one attribute that all can improve on.  True Charity is not judging, and always encouraging.  It's loving not hating, it’s forgiving; always.  And it also includes being a good example for others.
 
From the Savior’s example we can improve the charity in our hearts.  So that all may recognize us as Disciples of Christ and draw from our examples.  We can be a light unto the world.  Charity is a gift from God (pmg) and we should with all our hearts to have it.  

One thing I've also come to gain a testimony of is that charity, like faith, leads to action (pmg).  If we truly have charity it will manifest in the things we do, how we serve and treat others, and in our willingness to follow the teachings and promptings of the spirit.  The more I learn about charity the more I realize I need to work on it.  But I've also know that this life is the time to improve daily. Which is an opportunity I am eternally grateful for.

Love, Sister Marina Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment