Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week 42 in Thailand. 3 August 2014

This week was awesome!  We had zone training which gave much needed direction for our district.  It focused on our personal study and how that can make or break our day. Before I was a missionary, I don't think I fully understood how to effectively study the scriptures and the words of the prophets. Now I can say, after being out for almost a year, meaningful daily personal study has taught me so much about my relation ship with God, how to use the atonement of Jesus Christ in my life, and how to improve myself daily. Never again will I quickly read a chapter from the scriptures before going to sleep...inevitably forgetting or not understanding anything.  I would like to invite everyone to feast upon the words of Christ. Think of your questions and search diligently for answers. They are always there!

This training really helped us as we taught our RC's (Recent Converts) and our new investigator Sister Noi.  We were studying a lot this week about receiving revelation for our investigators and Rc's, and how to teach with the Holy Ghost.  I've been praying a lot for direction in how to help strengthen my RC's. This week I was blessed with many experience where my companion and I felt we need to share something which our Rc's and phor dii waa.  They were exactly things they needed to hear. I love the people I teach but I know that with out the help of the spirit, I can't really help them. I'm so grateful to have the knowledge that we have a Heavenly Father who speaks to us and guides us daily.
 
This Friday our ward had a service project.  We went to the Thai equivalent of a nursing home and brought food and prepared meals for the residence there.  Then, because we have several musicians in our ward, we put on a show that ended up being taped and put on the Thai PBS channel.  :-)   Whoo We’re Famous!  :-)  Our Bishop here is a rocker and we have a few families that are performers as well.  It was really fun to hear old Thai music as well as the 50's and 60's songs from America that the residence recognized.  All in all, we had fun serving, once a gain, I found myself on a stage being handed a microphone and not knowing what to say.   #onlyinthailand   Lucky for me, this time it was being broadcasted on TV.  :-)   My favorite part was probably dancing with some khon thai grandmas and just generally seeing people feel loved and cared for.  #missmygrandparentsmaaaaag
 

 
 
 

 

Well I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!


 Sister Marina A. Peterson


 
Dragon Fruit.  YUMM

 
My Khuu (Companion)

 
Me and Sister Nadia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment