Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Mother's Day, Week 30 Thailand, Hump Week!

My Half Way Mark!!!

I've officially been a missionary for 9 months this week!  Sooooo crazy! But I'm still constantly being humbled by my lack of language skills and my dependence on our Heavenly Father! And by the fact my companion just received her death papers! (which is what you get six months before you finish your mission. LOL).  So I'm still a greenie compared to her LOL. 

We Skyped home today so my message will be brief...and full of pictures.  J  
 

 
Wednesday my companion and I taught the Chanrianprakampi class, or in other words, the Book of Mormon where starting the Isaiah chapters...so it was kind of harder.  LOL  I tried to explain a verse but I kept having them read the wrong thing so I think I just confused them more.  LOL  My wonderful khuu (companion) was there to save the day!  #readinginthaiproblems. However I feel like my reading skills are definitely improving.

The crowning moment of the week however was our investigator Nadiya getting baptized!!!! She is soooo amazing and smart and I wish you all could meet her!  We went to clean the font and we realized that it hadn't drained from the previous week...so that was gross.  More importantly, how were we going to prep for our baptism!  Sister Janti and Pat (our RC) helped us clean it and then we prayed it would drain.   LOL   After a really long time it finally drained and we were able to refill it and it all worked out.
 



 Baptisms are always a little interesting but this one went repetitively smoothly.  Well I've got to but I love everyone! and Wish you all a good week!

Love,

Sister Marina Peterson.

No comments:

Post a Comment