Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week 21 in Thailand. Planted coconuts!

We started off our week, last p-day, by celebrating my Khuu's (Sister Speas) half birthday.  We did this by eating a Minion cake…that actually didn't taste good because it’s Thailand and they use butter for frosting, literally.  It was really cute!  Then it was back to work.


This week I re-read the talk from Elder Soares of the 70s (I'm going to be way embarrassed if I mixed up names) from general conference.  He talked about developing the Christ like attribute of Meekness and it was something that I tried really hard to improve on.  In the talk he defines a person with meekness as someone humble, calm temperate, teachable, and a desire to do the will of God.  I don't really have a solid way of measuring my how successful I was, LOL, but I can definitely say that I will always be able to improve! 

Due to my experiment I feel like I was extremely blessed this week to recognize these qualities in a lot of the members and investigators we taught.  We visited this really sweet member, Sister Tdoy, her circumstances are very humble but she is so generous, humble, and calm- mannered.  She gave us delicious mango's from her neighborhood garden. We also visited a member who is wealthier and educated but I was touched by humble attitude and how teachable she is.

The biggest example I saw of meekness this week was in the willingness of the members to serve when we embarked on a small but intense project of helping Sister Nooy, a recent convert, plant coconut trees in her yard. We planted like 100 plus trees in the Thai style of farming  :-)  which was really hard and laborious.  I think one of the biggest rewards in life is the opportunity to put your faith into action and serve!  
 

 

Well I hope everyone has a great week filled with many service opportunities!

Love, Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment