Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Happy New Year. Songkran Week 25 Apr 15

Week 25 in Thailand - A Wet One

Marina’s email to me:
 
So today is Songkran (Thai new year) and I’m sitting, completely soaked, in this internet raan.  LOL  The country has turned into a big water fight party and it’s been way fun.  But as a result, I don't have much email time this week…

Sister Stevensen is from Montana but she has been at BYU for as long as I have.  She's been in country 9 months now...so she is two transfers ahead of me.  Sister Painter is serving here in Bangkok.  She’s in another zone though but I know her-ish.  She is companions with Sister Croft who was in Phitsanulok with me, my first transfer.   I'm really cold because I’m wet.  Every street has a huge group of people ready to douse you with water and put baby powder on your face.  LOL  There is no point in going home to change....
 
 
Where is Marina?  Bottom Left.

Only Marina could be cold in Thailand.
 


This week has been the best!  It started with an awesome Easter activity for English Class which was really fun...I love teaching English here because it helps me understand Thai so much better... which IS definitely needed LOL.

Then we had a switch-off on Friday with the Sisters in Sapansuun, which helped me realize that I need to be more confident and unhesitant as a representative of Jesus Christ because our message change lives and everyone needs the opportunity to accept it or not.

The other bonus of the week is we got a new investigator, Jaa, who is adorable and sooo humble . Then it was conference week end which I could write endlessly about.  It was so amazing and exactly what I and the world needed to hear.  I challenge everyone back home to read the talks and apply them to your lives because they are meant to prepare us, comfort us, and teach us.

Our Investigator Mink, got baptized after the Sunday sessions which made the week in and of itself!  I will send pictures next week because I don't have my camera. 

Which brings me to Monday!  And why this letter is so short. Today is Songkran, Thai New year.  Thus we have been out celebrating, getting soaked and having fun!  We went to a mall in downtown Bankok with members and other missionaries to take part in the massive water fight that is Bangkok right now.   :-)   SO fun ... must carry the tradition on when I get home.   ;-)    After we were tired and heading home on a bus, I realized the water fight was not over, as families and large groups of people were throwing water through the bus windows and bus passengers were using there water-guns to soak everyone outside the bus.  LOL. Also its impossible to contact right now because on every street those same families are waiting to drench you with water and smear baby powder all over your face.  :-0    I love Thailand, I love being a missionary, and I love Songkran .

 
Right in the middle of things.
 
 
On the Right.


Love you all,

Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment