Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 23 in Thailand, 30 March 2014

Week 23 in Thailand, 30  March 2014

This week had flown by!  I know that I always say that but this was probably the fastest.  Last P-day we had the opportunity to go to lunch with Elder Hartman’s Father who was here on business.  He talked to us about his mission and how it opened so many doors for him throughout his life.  But more importantly, he talked to us about how the Lord knows and loves us all and has greater plans for us then we can imagine.  I know that I'm here in Thailand because Heavenly Father has great plans in store for the people I'm teaching.  Greater things than they can even comprehend. The first step is being baptized and accepting the gospel. I've seen this for myself as I'm asked to do hard things and accomplish those things with the help of the Lord.
 
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were kind of a blur of contacting, teaching, and work work work.  Friday, one of our investigators got permission from her Father to get baptized, two had there interviews to get baptized, and another decided she was going to get baptized when she turned 18 with or without the support of her family.  All miracles...all examples of faith to me, and a reminder that the Lord can do his work with or without me, but he chooses bless me with the experience of serving.
 
Sunday was an even bigger example of that, as our investigator Grape and Nang were baptized!  We had two walk-ins at church who are very interested in learning about the gospel.  Grape (13) was terrified to go into the water, felt so bad but she was baptized, felt the spirit, and gave a beautifully inspiring testimony!  It was such a good day filled with tender mercies and I didn't really do anything but show up and share the message of our Savior... so humbling.
 
 
 

 
THE Funniest thing that happened to me this week,  :-)   Atigaan (bishop) wanted the missionaries to perform a play about home teaching...so that’s how I spent third hour at church,   this week semi-improving play about home teaching.  I think the members really appreciated it because it’s such a foreign idea to them and they need an example to launch them off.  You can add this to my list of things I would never done outside of a mission.  LOL  Not saying it was a quality play but after Sister Stevenson and I nixed the elders requests for a crippled grandmother on her deathbed, who couldn't talk, but wanted her family to take her to church one last time before she died...  I think it was pretty good.  :-)
 

An exciting update on the hastening of the work:  The Thailand Bangkok record was just broken!  We had 200 baptisms in the month of March!  The average before I came in was 30-50 we had 100 since November and in January we had 165.  The Lord is hastening his work!

Love, Sister Marina Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment