Wednesday, September 25, 2013


Week Six.
 
I can't believe I’m on week six already.  Time is flying by so fast but I’m more anxious then ever to go to Thailand and share the gospel.  There is currently a Thai Sister here, going to the Temple Square Mission.  My district loves talking with her…in broken Thai and English.  LOL.  She is so sweet and the more I talk with her, the more I remember how much I love the Thai people.
 
We also taught a Thai  Sister in the TRC this week.  She is already a member but she is here for school and volunteers to help us practice our teaching skills and our language.  As we were heading to the TRC to teach, my companion told me to grab my hymn book (in Thai!) because she felt we should open with a song.  This isn't a common thing to do and I’m not the most secure about my voice, so  I definitely questioned the desire to open with a song.  When we went to teach Sister Ploy (isn’t that funny:  Marina’s foreign exchange student friend is named Ploy), told us that she loved singing.  It was here favorite hobby.  I instantly knew my amazing companion had received inspiration, that I was to self-conscious to receive.  We said, “That’s perfect!  We brought our hymn books and we wanted to open our lesson with a song.”  It brought the spirit to our lesson instantly.  When we were done singing, she told us that she hadn't brought a hymn book with her to the US and she really wanted one in Thai.  We explained where she could get one at the book store.
 
I love the gospel!  I love hymns!  In Thai, hymns translate to a “sung-prayers.”  We can learn so much from the lyrics of hymns.  Here at the MTC and on a mission, they have definitely taken on new meaning for me as "I Go Where the Lord Wants Me To Go" and to where I've been “Called To Serve" (I know that sounds cheesy but it is soooo true!).

I'm grateful for my experience here at the MTC and I’m looking forward to the next two and a half weeks of spiritually uplifting experiences and hard core Thai-language cramming!
 
Sister Marina Peterson 

No comments:

Post a Comment