Sunday, September 15, 2013

September 11th

So, it’s a for sure thing they want to have an all sisters choir in the Relief Society General Broadcast on the 28th.  They can only take 350 sisters, so it just depends how many want to be in choir and how they decide...i.e. If we have to audition.  I probably wont make it but we'll see.

Stories of the week:  I can't believe that it’s been a month since I got to the MTC!  A lot of the girls on our floor left this week and it got me really excited!  Sometimes it’s easy to forget I’m going to Thailand in a month to teach real people!

This week I've been focusing on teaching with the spirit and not just memorizing phrases in Thai.  It’s been rough and frustrating because making small talk and understanding people are not language skills I have yet.  Yet at the same time, I can see how much Thai I've learned in just one month and it’s more then I learned of German in 4 years.  I can read pretty fluently.  Now the tricky part is knowing the words I’m reading....because they don't use spaces in Thai Script.  I can't take much credit for it because I know me and my district have had the help of the Lord!

All three of the Sisters in my district have been sick, so I'm just waiting for my turn.  Crossing my fingers it never comes.  LOL   One of the Elders in my district got a package of Thai Peppers that his family had grown in honor of his mission. The Elders had a pepper eating contest (winner ate three) but the Sisters just tried one... Since everyone has colds, it helped clear out their sinuses, which was good.  They are probably the hottest things I've ever eaten.  My teacher said by the end of our missions we'll be able to eat like 10 of them.  I can't imagine that.  J  Logan would even have trouble eating them. 

Well this morning my district got to go to the Temple.   My Branch Presidents wife came with us, which was nice.  She is so nice!  She ate breakfast with us in the cafeteria as well. ( I think eating at the temple is my favorite thing.  It’s so nice to eat something besides MTC food.  Something that I realized today, I really miss talking with people older than me.  My teachers are all within five years of me and except for Sundays, and brief visits from our Branch Presidency wives, I don't really talk to many adults.  My companion and I jump at the chance to talk to Senior Missionaries when they eat in the cafeteria.  

I'll send you pepper eating photos and maybe a video if I can swing it later!

Love, 

Sister Peterson 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment