Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 67 in Thailand, 25 Jan 2015


This week I got the best news of my life, (that’s an exaggeration).  ว่า   I’m finishing my mission in
MahaSarakam!!!  With Sister Wittawee!!!!   We are both excited to take this transfer by storm and work work work. 

 
 
This week is the 150th Anniversary of the township of Mahasarakam.  Right now there is a big market blocking off two of the three main roads and every night there are some sort of concert going on, which you can hear very clearly from our house.  LOL  It makes sleeping harder for about five minutes until exhaustion seals the deal.  LOL  It is mostly fun to have a constant soundtrack of  Lam and Isan music with you.  :)  The markets been good for inviting also!

Our investigator Nai got confirmed this Sunday and we had a new investigator at church too.  It was a pretty good week work wise.  I can't believe Sister Wittawee is already on week 4 of training already.  It is hard to believe.  She amazes me everyday with how sincere and powerfully she teaches.  I feel like I've never felt the spirit more.  A lot of our lessons this week were about the family history work and helping all our RC's get started, makes me really excited to get home and work on mine some more.  I really miss the temple...like, a lot.  Being on a mission in Thailand has made me appreciate the temple that much more.  Can't wait for the day Thailand gets its own temple.  I will be here to celebrate with the members when that happens.

Funny story of the week:  We had a mouse in the house, which I discovered as I went to open the cupboard and it leaped out at me!  I screamed a seriously genuine scream of sheer terror and probably freaked out my companion...a lot.  The mouse then scurried under the sink, which is more like a vanity.  We immediately went to the “oh so big market” and bought a mouse trap (which by the way, was my word of the day).  Still no trapped mouse!  I'm thinking it scurried out the window or something because we've since done extensive cleaning and no trace of mouse. I almost made it my whole mission with out seeing a mouse in the house...almost.  LOL  Definitely had my share of street rats though.  Ewww!

Anyways, I hope you have good, mouse free week and I love you all!

Sister Marina A. Peterson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment