Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Last Email from Dad! Week 72 in Thailand.


My dear, wonderful, sweet, incredible Daughter:
 
This is it!  You are now facing one of the hardest tasks you will have to ever face in your life.  You have given your TIME, your FAITH, your LOVE, your EVERYTHING to the people and land of Thailand.  You love the people and country with every cell in your body.  You ache when you think about moving on to a different life.  You have and you will cry.  A lot of people will cry.  For you, with you!  Me included.
 
I remember when the plane took off from the Auckland, New Zealand airport.  It was night and they dimmed the cabin lights for take off.  I buried my head in the window, yearning for one last look of the country I loved.  I cried some real hard tears…I was not as driven as you.  I couldn’t see myself going back to visit because it cost so much.  I can now.
 
You.  YOU!  You are another story.  You are one of the most amazing young women I know.  You are so driven, so focused.  You are caring and nurturing.  You have some incredible goals for your life and I know you will achieve them.  You have in the past and you will in the future.
 
I am SO Proud to call you my daughter.  I AM SO PROUD that I was able to choose you for an incredible daughter.  I have made some choices in my life that I wish I could re-do, but let me tell you something, you are not on that list.  YOU are the best choice I have ever made.  The second and third best choices I have ever made were making sure I had two beautiful daughters and a handsome brother/son.  Evan, couldn’t do much about him!  LOL

I am sure all parents are proud of their children.  We need to say it more often!  We need to shout it to them every month, week, day, second!  Knowing that someone is on your side, has your back, loves you unconditionally is a wonderful thing.  I do love you!
 
I love YOU Elizabeth.  I am so proud of you.  You have taken things into your own control and are making them yours.  Amazing.

Logan:  I am proud of you!  You don’t hear it…but I am.  You are such a smart, loving, caring guy!  I want all the world has to give, just for you!

Evan:  You still have so much to show us.  You will accomplish everything you set your heart to!  Love you. 

So Marina, this will be the last email I will send to you in Thailand.  See you on Friday!  FRIDAY can you believe it!?!

Love Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment