Thursday, September 4, 2014

Week 46 in Thailand. 1 September 2014

Dear Family and Friends,

This week we had a baptism!  Our investigator Angel, who is nine and from the Philippines, was baptized.  Her Mother and Aunt are already members, but she had been living in the Philippines with other family.  I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to teach her and be a part of her story!  I know that sounds cheesy but...It’s true!   :-)   Meeting her mother and her has really made me grateful for my family and the opportunity I've had to grow up with my parents.  But for all the unfair things in the world/life, I know that they can all be made right through the atonement of Jesus Christ.  I know that our Savior is the only one that truly knows how we feel and is always aware of our situations. This life isn't easy but all can be healed and made right through the atonement.
 
 
Well, not sure what to say since I started with the end of the week.  LOL  Other highlights include dinner with members/ serving members.  It’s been so grate getting to know people from literally all over the world:  Madagascar, Ukraine, Pakistan, etc.  Learning there stories and drawing from there testimonies is such an amazing experience that I never expected!
 
On a smaller less important note; Persimmons are coming back in season!  Also, scary in that I'm almost approaching my one year in Thailand mark! This life is the time (literally) to do all that you can!

Love, Sister Marina A. Peterson
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment