Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week Six in Thialand

Well this week has been busy and fun.  My weeks are always busy aren’t they?!

We got a new investigator, Noot, on Tuesday and he wants to get Baptized! We are still working out the date but he is so ready!  We've been teaching him all week and asked him to pray about being baptized.  On Friday, Miracles of all Miracles, he got his answer!  We were fasting as a district for our investigators and this was a great reminder that God is waiting to give us blessing, we simply just have to ask!




On Thursday we had switch-offs with the Sister-training-leaders!  I was with Sister Reedy, who has been serving for over a year.  We had an amazing day of contacting and lessons.  Even though Sister Reedy wasn't familiar with anyone we taught, I could definitely feel the love of God through her, as we taught truths to God's children.   The longer I'm out here the more I realize that in this church, we are blessed with the capacity to love those we are called to serve, be it a Sunday school class or an entire country of people.  I can truly say that I love the Thai People!

These last few days have been really busy because we had Mission Tour, which is when a member of the Asia Area Presidency comes and trains all the missionaries in a zone.  So yesterday I was in Chiang Mai!  It was a busy day but I learned so much.  Much of the conference was on the power of the Book of Mormon.  Reading the Book of Mormon and praying to know if it was true was how I gained my testimony of the Restored gospel.  The real blessings of this book come from reading it and studying it over and over again.  Every time I prayerfully study the teachings from the Book of Mormon, I receive guidance to my problems and answers to my questions.  It is truly THE Word of God and I'm so thankful to have it in my life.  As I've shared this book with others here in Thailand, I've seen it change hearts and lives for the better!
 



District Sisters and my companion.


 
In the back of a 'song taw'

After the conference we got to eat with the missionaries in our zone and because we were in Chiang Mai, they have really good Western food!  So…for the first time in months, I had really good pizza and got to meet really awesome missionaries doing the work we all love!  I love Thai food but the pizza was a nice reminder of home.  Will miss you all and hope you have a wonderful week!


Love Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment