Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week 10-11, Christmas.

With Christmas, comes being busy.  Marina had a lot of letters to catch-up on and emails.  She didn't have much to say in her letters home, so the weeks got muddled a bit.  Here you go:


24 December 2013  Week 11-12

Its Christmas!

I don't have much time and most of my letter will be pictures...sorry! Anyways we had transfers this week and I thankfully didn't move!  Neither did my companion.  But we got new missionaries in the district which means I sadly had to say goodbye to some really good friends but such is the life of a missionary.  However I have loved getting to know our new sisters and Elder! (Sister Jackson, Sister Greenwood, and Elder Hunt) We've bonded pretty fast because we spent the majority of the week on a bus entertaining each other and not getting a lot of sleep. :)

On Friday we had the opportunity to go to an orphanage and represent LDS charities. We mostly just played games with kids and helped them put on a Christmas show for the workers and mentally handicapped adults that stay there also. They were so cute!  A member of the church works at the orphanage so all the kids know the primary songs.  That was fun.  They loaded up our bikes with fruit.

 



Then we went to Chiang Mai on Saturday for a Christmas fireside!  It was so fun.  So it’s winter here in Thailand and everyone is sporting ski jackets and scarves.  I’m okay with a cardigan but I know that I’m going to be freezing next year (I will be home for some of Utah’s beautiful winter, yuck)  LOL 

Christmas isn't really big here but the mall and chain stores all decorate for it.... It’s been fun teaching our English students and…really everyone we talk to.  They ask, “What is Christmas and why is it so important to us?”  I am so grateful to have a Savior and for all he has done for me! 

This has been such a great Christmas because it has really been focused on the Savior and nothing else.

Well, Lots of LOVE.  More next week !
 

Christmas Dinner, potatoes and Corn on the Cob.
 

Sister Nancy (Member) contacting neighbor in her veg garden.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment