Sunday, January 26, 2014

13 weeks in Thailand, 5 months in the field.


Week 13

So this week started off a little sad because ALL my pictures got deleted last p-day.   :(    I learned my lesson and I bought a jump drive to back them up from now on.  Despite this set back p-day was really Great.  It was my lovely companion’s birthday.  So we ate cake as a district and them the youth surprised her with another cake at FHE.  So fun!  Even though her birthday was on Monday,  I’ve been reaping the rewards all week as our investigators made us lunch and brought treats to our lessons.   :)   

We ate at a member’s house this week and I had pig intestines and other random organs for the first time…I gulped it down to fast though, cuz then she brought me another serving.   :)  I don’t know if I’m a fan but they put it in soup which helped because soup here is good! 
 
Marina forgets one of my favorite mission stories.  Elder Darlington and I were walking to our dinner appointment and we both agreed we did not like pumpkin soup.  Guess what we were served?!  I ate slow, which is hard for anyone to believe and Elder Darlington gobbled is up fast.  "Oh Elder, you liked it so much, here is an other serving."  Marina, you know this story and you should have remembered!!

Anyways this week has been a really busy missionary week, sorry I don't know how else to describe it.  We taught a lot of lessons, did a lot of contacting, and just worked hard.  We have four investigators preparing for baptism right now and so this week my companion and I have been seriously praying for them.   They are so awesome and prepared and I know that the Lord answers prayers and that if we humble ourselves and ask for blessings or guidance, He will be there for us!

My companion and I made Sunday night dinner for the district this week.  We caved and bought cheese which is sooooo paeng (expensive) and had grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup.  I didn't realized how much we eat bread in America until I came here.  LOL The last three district dinners we've had have been very bread oriented.  LOL  It’s our one American food night so, whatever. Thai food is great but sometimes you just miss what you grew up with :).   Everyone go out and eat Cafe Rio or Kneaders for me LOL! 

Well Love you all and have a great week!

Sister Peterson
 
Our P-day trip.


and I always thought Cliff was a nice guy.  Hummm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment