Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Week 8...no email.

We didn't get an email this last week...

So, I am posting a portion of a letter to my parent.  It is an amazing letter and everyone will wish they were in Thailand.


1 Dec 2013

Hi Grandma and Grandpa,
 
Well it will probably be Christmas by the time you get this letter.  I hope your holidays have been enjoyable.

Today was Fast and Testimony Meeting.  I still can’t really understand much of what people say but I can pick out words here and there and some phrases.  I am constantly trying to string them together so church can be exhausting mentally but I always feel strengthened and uplifted from the spirit afterwards.  I wouldn’t survive the week without that.

…In your letter you asked about the animals here.  Well, there are so many dogs in Thailand, but they aren’t cute, they look diseased and some of them actually do have leprosy and look like they are falling apart.  We always joke that they are zombies…
 
Ok readers, it is at this point where Marina’s pen makes a jerky, thunder-bolt type of mark on the page.  Here is why:

Sorry about the mark, I just saw a spider by my desk, roughly the size of my hand…my companion and I just screamed and the other Sister (Native Thai) had to come in and killed it.  J

Anyways, they have cats also.  In fact we have, like 10 that live outside our house but they’re not as creepy as the dogs.  …I would say the animals I see most often are lizards:  small or large.  They’re everywhere, even in our house.  L  I’ve yet to see a horse but I’ve seen an elephant!  Just walking down the street  J  (My editorial:  Bet you won’t see that in France, Evan) 

They don’t have cows here so beef is rare and more expensive, except at McDonalds.  Pork, Chicken, Fish, Squid, Shrimp are always available, also frog, but I’ve yet to try it.  LOL

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment