Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Week 8, a week late.

Next week is transfer week for my mission so we’re all getting anxious.  This is the first time I’ve realized I'm not always going to get to see my investigators get baptized or even  be teaching them.  L  But I know that where the Lord wants me to go is where I need to be!  And I need to trust that everything will work out for the best.

Having said that, this week has been really a good week.   Our investigator, Daa, is getting baptized!  She had her interview on Saturday and she's Phrawm (ready).  It been so awesome to see her testimony spark and grow!  Since I've already started I’m just going to recount this week backwards.  LOL

So, Saturday we taught our investigator family with the Branch President (Prataan) and his wife.  They are so awesome!  It was Sister Keg's (Prataan’s wife) birthday even and they helped us!  Then they took us out to lunch.  Their so loving and their testimonies are inspiring.  They helped me remember that there is no better way to spend your day than serving others!  Also, Sister Keg gave us fried bananas...which I've never had before...and I may possibly be addicted to them.  LOL They were amazing and I’ve had them everyday since, which means two other times so I will get back to you on the addiction status.

Thursday was also amazing because we got a new investigator!  Her name is Pim and She’s a sassy Thai lady who's awesome!  We met her contacting on Wednesday, which is was really random because we were out looking for a dress shop so we could get a baptism dress made for our investigator.  We found a shop in the middle of no where but we decided to go contacting first.  We found a talaad (market) and just started contacting.  There, we didn't really have success there but Pim was the last person we talked to on our way back to the dress shop!  I've had a lot of experiences like this. When we have the faith to be obedient, Heavenly Father blesses us!

Last story but probably the funniest, as a preface, I’m just going to netnaam (introduce) Thai Culture.  Everyone talks about being fat here. The first thing people greet you with is oh you look fatter than last time or skinnier. Old grandmas come up to you in grocery stores and grab the fat on your arms and start talking about it, etc.  Anyways, everyone hates it but everyone does it.  LOL  So on Tuesday, we were teaching our investigator-family and we were reading in the Book of Mormon and started talking about how God loves all of his children. The Dad, Bay, starts talking about how we’re always changing but God is the same.  He loves us. Then Sister Gung (who's heavier by Thai standards) turns put her arms on my companions and my legs and says, yeah and he love all sizes too. LOL So rang maag (ouch!)  It was really funny! A lot of things Thai people say would be offensive in English but they’re just funny in Thai. Well, at least they understand God's never changing love! Only in Thailand.  J 

Love, Sister Peterson

KFC...yum?

Painting at the river on P-Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment