Thursday, October 31, 2013

Week two in Thailand!

Week two in Thailand!

We had a Firside in the branch I’m serving in, about missionary work.  Several of the Youth here want to serve and it makes me so happy!  President and Sister Senior came and spoke at the fireside which was so awesome!  The Youth were so excited that they made T-shirts with missionary tags... so cool!  Now that I’m serving a mission and I love it.  I just want everyone to serve and feel like I feel.




There is nothing better than serving other people.  It makes me think of the scripture that says when you are in service of your fellow beings you are only in the service of your God.  I've seen how the message of the gospel can change lives in such a short time here and I've seen it in my own life.  I know that the things our Heavenly Father asks us to do will make our lives happier!

This week I've also had the opportunity to host ward FHE and attend a Family Home Evening in a member’s home.  It’s so fun to see the kinds of games Thai people like.  We were in charge of the activity on Monday nights and the activity committee is in charge of the activity on Wednesday nights.  They really like games with punishments!


On Wednesday we played a game and if you lost, you had to throw baby powder on your face. J …Of course, I lost and they drenched me in the stuff.  L It’s called “bang” here.  I thought it was just a random tradition but when we went to a members home, we played a different game but we still had to throw bang on us if we lost.  LOL  Everyone thinks its hilarious...and it kind of is. J 

This week we had two less active families that we taught come to church. It was so amazing! We didn't even talk to them about church when we visited. Sometimes it’s better to just love people and show them that you care and then they will remember how much heavenly father cares about them! 
 
There is much more out here to do, many more to teach.  The economic level here is so diverse.  This is one of the poorest families we have visited.  They live in basically a shed.  But isn’t this little guy the cuties!!  And a home is a home.
 
 
Love,

Sister Marina Peterson.

1 comment: