Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Week two (song) at the MTC!


Week two (song) at the MTC!

We had our last lesson with our "investigator" Sombad.  Even though my companion and I knew he wasn't real, it was kind of sad to stop teaching him.  I don't know if it’s being set apart as a missionary or just a deeper understanding of the gospel here at the MTC.  I’m sure in the field it’s so easy just love the people (Thai).  One thing they really stress is developing Christ-like charity, aka love for all of God’s Children and as I’ve prayed daily for this ability, I’ve seen it start to develop in me.  A lot of what I've learned and done this week has revolved around this message.

We got three new "investigators" that we’re teaching.  So far my companion and I have only taught one.  His name is Samaad.  My companion and I have been practicing opening a lesson... i.e. getting to know our investigator, asking him questions, etc. instead of just jumping into a lesson.  Our focus in lessons should be the people, so they recognize we are trying to help them.  Despite the language barrier we're trying to ask more questions...though we usually can’t understand the answers. The amazing part is, though we don't really know what investigators are telling us, through the spirit, we somehow know how to respond. 

My testimony of prayer has also increased this week!  For some reason, the Sisters in my district and I have been losing everything…no, like forgetting stuff.  Like walking to class and the magnets on our name tags will randomly fall off.  Or we’re jogging around the MTC and we lose our room key.  It just falls out of someone’s pocket.  Every time, after searching and not finding the item, we've prayed.  Sometimes in desperation.  Almost instantly we find what we are looking for. The Lord is looking out for us!   At least I haven’t lost my mind or hair (LOL @ Dad).

Well, I'll send pictures later and maybe a video of me speaking Thai ....if it will work.  

Love,

          Marina: Sister Peterson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment